Pot Roast Soup
This hearty Pot Roast Soup is ready in minutes thanks to some pressure cooking. So rich and delicious and perfect for a chilly fall dinner.
• 2 pounds chuck roast, cubed
• ½ teaspoon kosher salt
• ½ teaspoon black pepper
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 white onion, chopped
• 3 carrots, peeled and chopped
• 1 green pepper, chopped
• 2 stalks celery, chopped
• 4 cloves garlic
• 1/3 cup farro or barley
• 4 cups beef stock
• ¼ cup tomato paste
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Cube and season chuck roast.
2. Use the Brown/Sauté function to brown the beef really well to develop some flavor, then remove it from the Express Crock.
3. Add the veggies to the Express Crock and cook them for 2-3 minutes. Remove the vegetables before re-adding the beef to pressure cook or they will become mushy.
4. Add the browned beef, farro, and broth to the Express Crock. Set to “Pressure Cook” for 20 minutes.
5. After the 20 minutes has passed, allow the Express Crock 5-10 minutes to naturally release some pressure, then manually release the steam valve for the remaining pressure to expel.
6. Add the veggies back to the pot and simmer for a few minutes to combine the flavors together. Enjoy!