Chicken Coconut Korma
A classic Indian chicken coconut korma curry recipe made easier in the pressure cooker!
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 3 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs, trimmed and cut into 2 inch cubes
• 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2 inch cubes
• 1 red pepper, cut into 1-2 inch pieces
• 1 onion, thinly sliced
• 4 cloves garlic, mined
• 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
• 1 14-oz can coconut milk
• 1 cup chicken broth or stock
• 2 tablespoons tomato paste
• 1 tablespoon garam masala
• 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
• 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
• 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
• 1 cup frozen peas
• Fresh cilantro, for garnish
• Long grain rice
• Naan bread
1. Set Crock-Pot Express Crock Multi-Cooker to "Brown/Sauté" function on high heat and add olive oil. Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and cook until browned, 2-3 minutes. Do not overcrowd the pot, you will need to cook in two or more batches.
2. Add sweet potatoes, red pepper, onion, garlic, ginger, coconut milk, chicken broth/stock, tomato paste, garam masala, turmeric, and salt to pot.
3. Secure lid, making sure vent is in the "seal" position.
4. Select "Beans/Chili" function and adjust time to 10 minutes. Once time is up, manually release pressure and carefully open lid.
5. Stir in Greek yogurt and peas.
6. Top with cilantro and serve with rice and naan, or as desired.