Baked Apples With Cinnamon and Brown Sugar
There’s nothing more like fall than the smell of cinnamon and baked apples. Baked apples with brown sugar and cinnamon filling is the perfect way to go! Courtesy of Foodness Gracious
• 4 large red Honeycrisp apples cored
• 1 cup unfiltered apple juice
• 1 cinnamon stick
• 1/2 cup brown sugar
• 1 pinch of nutmeg
• 1 tsp ground cinnamon
• 1 pinch of ground cloves
• 1/4 cup pecans chopped
• 2 tbsp butter cut into 4 cubes
• 1/4 cup granola
• vanilla ice cream
Add the apple juice to the Crock-Pot® Express Crock with the cinnamon stick
2. In a bowl combine the brown sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon, cloves, and chopped pecans and mix well.
3. Fill each apple with the sugar mixture and one cube of butter on top.
4. Sprinkle some granola on top of each apple.
5. Place the apples into the Crock-Pot® Express Crock making sure the apples are sitting on the wire rack.
6. Place the lid onto the Crock-Pot® Express Crock and seal.
7. Set the steam valve to closed.
8. Use the DESSERT function and cook on low for 10 minutes.
9. Release the steam and open the lid.
10. Transfer the apples to your serving dish and top with vanilla ice cream.
11. Dust with powdered sugar if desired and serve at once.