Lamb Casserole with Baby Potatoes
Courtesy of Chef Foodness Gracious
• 3-3 1/2 pounds boneless lamb leg
• 2 tbsp olive oil
• 1 pinch salt and black pepper
• 1 whole onion diced
• 1 (15oz) can crushed tomatoes
• 1 tsp paprika
• 1 tbsp minced garlic
• 2 bay leaves
• 1/2 tsp salt
• 1/4 tsp black pepper
• 1/2 cup red wine
• 1 (15oz) can great northern beans
• 1/2-pound baby potatoes sliced in half
• fresh parsley for garnishing
Trim the fat from the lamb and cut into large chunks.
2. Season the lamb with salt and black pepper.
3. Turn your Crock-Pot® Express Crock Multi-Cooker on and follow the instructions for BROWNING/SAUTÉ function.
4. Once the multi-cooker is hot, add the chunks of lamb and sear on each side. You’ll need to do this in two batches.
5. Once the lamb is seared on both sides, add all of it back into the multi-cooker pot.
6. Add the diced onion, tomatoes, paprika, salt and pepper, garlic, bay leaves, salt, pepper, wine beans and potatoes.
7. Stir to combine, place the lid tightly on top and lock.
8. Press STEW function and set the timer for one hour.
9. Take off the lid carefully and serve big scoops into bowls. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley.