Banana Walnut French Toast
Pressure Cooker Banana Walnut French Toast – make ahead breakfast! Prep the French toast the night before to make breakfast quick and easy! Perfect holiday breakfast! Courtesy of Fake Ginger
• 4 eggs
• 3/4 cup milk
• 3 tbsp maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1/4 tsp salt
• 6 cups French bread, cubed
• 1 large banana sliced (plus more for serving)
• 1/2 cup walnuts roughly chopped
1. Spray a glass bowl (I used a 1.75 quart) with spray oil.
2. In a bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, maple syrup, vanilla, and salt. Set aside.
3. Spread 2 cups of the cubed French bread on bottom of glass bowl. Top with half the banana and half the walnuts. Layer 2 more cups of French bread and the rest of the banana and walnuts. Top with the rest of the bread.
4. Pour the egg mixture over the French toast and press the bread down to make sure everything is covered.
5. At this point, you can cover it and let it sit in the fridge overnight if you are prepping it ahead. Or you can go ahead and cook now.
6. Place steamer basket in the Crock-Pot® Express Crock. Carefully place French toast on top of the steamer basket. Close and lock lid and make sure steam valve is closed. Press DESSERT function and increase the time to 30 minutes and the pressure to high. Press START/STOP function.
7. When the timer goes off, press START/STOP function again. Do a quick steam release by using a utensil to flip the steam valve to open. Using something to protect from the heat, remove the French toast from the Crock-Pot® Express Crock.
8. If you want a crispy top, put it under the broiler of your oven for just a minute or 2.
9. Top with fresh banana slices, walnuts, and maple syrup.