Creamy Corn Chowder with Bacon
Creamy, comforting 30-minute corn chowder, made easily in one pot! Every spoonful is a scrumptious blend of corn, potatoes, herbs, bacon and cream. Serves a hungry crowd and makes delicious leftovers for lunch. Courtesy of The Comfort of Cooking
• 4 slices bacon, chopped
• 1 onion, small diced
• 3 cloves garlic, minced
• 4 red potatoes, small diced
• 1 (16 oz.) package frozen corn
• 4 cups vegetable broth
• 1 teaspoon dried thyme
• Kosher salt and ground black pepper, to taste
• 3/4 cup heavy cream
• 2 Tablespoons flour
• 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1. Set Crock-Pot® 6-Quart Express Crock Multi-Cooker to the BROWN/SAUTÉ function.
2. Once hot, add bacon and cook 'til crisp, about 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.
3. Add onion to pot and cook until soft, about 3-4 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 more minute. Stir in bacon, potatoes, corn, broth, thyme, salt and pepper.
4. Adjust pressure to HIGH and twist cover to lock. Set time for 10 minutes.
5. Once cooked, remove cover. Stir in heavy cream and flour.
6. Ladle into serving bowls and top with fresh chives.