Moroccan Rice Pudding
Sweet and savory and not quite as indulgent as the classic chocolate cake or lemon pie dessert, this savory rice pudding is a Moroccan dish enjoyed at any time of day. Use your Crock-Pot® 4-Slow Cooker to easily make this into a tasty dessert in no time at all. Top with cinnamon or nutmeg and toasted nuts for added flavor.
• 1 cup short grain white rice, such as Arborio
• 2 cups water
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• 3 tablespoons butter
• 3 1/2 cups milk
• 2/3 cup sugar
• 1 or 2 small pieces (2- to 3-inch) of cinnamon stick
• 2 to 3 teaspoons orange flower water (optional)
• Ground cinnamon or nutmeg, for garnish
• Toasted almonds or walnuts, for garnish
Add white rice, water, salt, butter, milk, sugar, cinnamon stick pieces and orange flower water to your 4-quart slow cooker.
Cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or on low for 4 hours.
Mix well before serving in bowls.
Top with sprinkled cinnamon or nutmeg, toasted almonds or walnuts, and any other topping of your choice.