Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Banana Cake
Time on High: 3 Hours Time on Low: 4 Hours I recently needed to use up some VERY ripe bananas at my house and instead of my same-old-banana bread recipe; I kicked it up a notch and made BANANA CAKE! I brought this to the neighborhood Bunco game, and everyone loved this and took home leftovers. NOTE: If you want to top with sliced bananas, do so just before serving or they will turn brown.
3 to 4 very ripe bananas; mashed
Juice of two lemon wedges
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
3/4 Cup of butter, softened
1½ Cups Honey (or 2 cups white sugar, if preferred)
1½ Cups Almond Milk (or milk of your choice)
3 Cups Flour
1½ Teaspoon baking soda
Pinch of salt
Your favorite Cream Cheese Frosting
1. Grease a Crock-Pot® Casserole Crock™ Slow Cooker with non-stick spray.
2. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl; set aside
3. In a small bowl, mash bananas and lemon juice together; set aside.
4. In a large bowl, using a mixer, cream the butter and honey.
5. Add eggs and mix well.
6. Stir in Vanilla and then Milk.
7. Gradually add in the flour mixture.
8. Once combined, stir in the mashed bananas.
9. Pour into the greased Crock-Pot® Casserole Crock™ Slow Cooker.
10. Cover; cook on Low for 4 hours or on High for 3 hours. (Or until center of cake no longer looks gooey).
(Note: If using an oval slow cooker, add 1 hour to the High cook time and 2 hours to the Low cook time)
11. Uncover and let cake cool.
12. Once completely cooled, ice cake with your favorite Cream Cheese Frosting and if desired, top with sliced bananas and walnuts.