Wake-Up Potato and Sausage Breakfast Casserole - Express Crock with Crisping Lid
• 1 tablespoon olive oil
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• ¾ cup chopped onion
• ¾ cup chopped red bell pepper
• 12 ounces kielbasa or smoked sausage, diced
• 1 package (20 ounces) refrigerated southwest-style hash browns*
*You may substitute O’Brien potatoes and add ½ teaspoon chile pepper
• 7 eggs
• ¾ cup milk
• ½ teaspoon salt
• ¼ teaspoon pepper
• 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack or sharp Cheddar cheese
• Fresh fruit (optional)
1. Press SAUTE and set timer to 6 minutes. Once heated, add olive oil, garlic onion, red bell pepper. Stir until softened, approximately 3 minutes. Add smoked sausage and continue cooking until browned, approximately 3 more minutes.
2 Spray 2 ½ quart round souffle dish with non-stick cooking spray and prepare foil handles. Place one third of potatoes in souffle dish. Top with half of the sausage mixture. Repeat layers. Spread remaining one third of potatoes even on top.
3. Whisk eggs, milk, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Pour evenly over potatoes. Cover tightly with foil and put souffle dish on foil straps. Insert rack in Cooking Pot and add 2 cups of water. Lower souffle dish into Cooking Pot. Secure lid. Press MANUAL, set pressure to HIGH and time to 50 minutes. Make sure Steam Release Value is in the “Seal” (closed) position. Press START/STOP.
4. Once cooking is complete, immediately release pressure. Remove foil cover from souffle dish and keep in Cooking Pot. Sprinkle cheese over top of egg mixture. Top with Crisping Lid. Set temperature to HIGH and time to 5 minutes. Press START/STOP.
5. Once cooking is complete, lift souffle dish with foil handles. To serve, cut into wedges and serve with fruit.
*Tear off three 18x2-inch strips of heavy-duty foil. Crisscross the strips so they resemble the spokes of a wheel. Place the dish in the center of the strips. Pull the strips up and over the dish. Leave the strips in during cooking so you can easily lift the item out again when it’s ready.