Blueberry-Orange French Toast Casserole - Express Crock with Crisping Lid
• 2 cups water
• 4 to 5 cups cubed day-old French bread (1-inch cubes)
• 1 cup fresh blueberries
• 2 eggs, beaten
• ½ cup sugar
• ½ cup milk
• 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
• ½ teaspoon vanilla
• Maple syrup (optional)
1. Spray 6- to 7-inch (1½-quart) soufflé dish or round baking dish that fits inside Cooking Pot with nonstick cooking spray. Prepare foil handles.* Place rack in Cooking Pot; add water.
2. Combine bread and blueberries in medium bowl; toss to blend. Combine eggs, sugar, milk, orange peel and vanilla in separate medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; toss to blend.
3. Remove bread mixture to prepared dish; cover with foil. Place dish on rack using foil handles. Secure lid. Press DESSERT, set pressure to HIGH and time to 45 minutes. Make sure Steam Release Valve is in the “Seal” (closed) position. Press START/STOP.
4. Once cooking is complete, use natural release 10 minutes. Release remaining pressure. Remove foil from top of soufflé dish; fold foil handles down around dish. Top with Crisping Lid. Set temperature to HIGH and time to 10 minutes. Press START/STOP.
5. Remove casserole from Cooking Pot using foil handles. Serve with maple syrup, if desired.
*Tear off three 18X2-inch strips of heavy-duty foil. Crisscross the strips so they resemble the spokes of a wheel. Place the dish in the center of the strips. Pull the strips up and over the dish. Leave the strips in during cooking so you can easily lift the item out again when it’s ready.