Hoisin-Ginger Pulled Chicken Sliders
Sweet, spicy and tantalizingly tender, these Asian-inspired pulled chicken sliders are perfect for game-day viewing or summer BBQs. Topped with homemade coleslaw and your choice of burger buns, this recipe is a real treat. Just be sure to stock up on napkins - this sauce is thick and juicy!
Pulled Chicken Ingredients:
• 1/2 cup chicken stock
• 1/3 cup, plus 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
• 3 tablespoons ketchup
• 2 tablespoons honey
• 1 tablespoon soy sauce
• 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon Sriracha sauce or chili garlic paste
• 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon grated peeled fresh gingerroot
• 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
• 3 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs (about 12 thighs)
• 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
• 1 tablespoon, plus 1 teaspoon sugar
• 2 teaspoons Sriracha sauce
• 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
• 4 cups (14 ounces) coleslaw mix
• 8 burger buns
1. Use a Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Liner for your Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker.
2. Combine the chicken stock, 1/3 cup hoisin sauce, ketchup, soy sauce, honey, garlic, 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Sriracha, the gingerroot and sesame oil.
3. Use a whisk to mix well.
4. Add chicken and toss to coat.
5. Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours, until chicken is cooked through.
6. With 30 minutes remaining, make coleslaw.
7. In large bowl, mix rice vinegar, sugar, 2 teaspoons Sriracha and 1 teaspoon sesame oil.
8. Use a whisk to mix well.
9. Add coleslaw mix to bowl and toss to coat.
10. Cover and refrigerate for remaining 30 minutes of cook time, tossing occasionally.
11. Remove chicken and use to forks to shred.
12. Return to slow cooker, mix to coat and add 2 tablespoons hoisin.
13. Cook for another 20 minutes on low heat setting.
14. To serve, top buns with pulled chicken, coleslaw and enjoy!