Peppermint Pretzel Bark Candies
Holiday parties are for socializing and reminiscing. That's why homemade, bite-sized treats are everybody's favorite because they can easily enjoy a handful while still making the rounds. These treats are also perfect for cookie-swap parties.
• 1 (20 ounce) package vanilla-flavor candy coating, coarsely chopped
• 6 ounces white baking chocolate with cocoa butter, coarsely chopped
• 3 tablespoons butter-flavor shortening
• 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
• 1 (16 ounce package) pretzel twists, coarsely chopped (about 8 cups)
• 3/4 cup coarsely crushed striped round peppermint candies (about 28 candies)
• 3 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
1. Use a Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Liner for the bottom of your slow cooker.
2. Add candy coating, white chocolate and shortening into your slow cooker.
3. Stir to combine.
4. Cover and cook on low for 1 1/2 hours until mixture is smooth, stirring every 30 minutes.
5. Mix in peppermint extract.
6. Add pretzel twists and peppermint candies.
7. Turn off slow cooker and allow candies to sit at room temperature until firm.
8. Meanwhile, melt dark chocolate until smooth.
9. Drizzle over candies and sprinkle with additional crushed peppermint if desired.
10. Allow candies to sit at room temperature until firm.