No-Grill Coney Hot Dogs
Often evoking salty ocean and sun-soaked memories, Coney Island hot dogs are always a welcome summer treat. Topped with rich, savory meat sauce and a variety of toppings, these hot dogs can easily be recreated from the Brooklyn shores to your slow cooker.
• 1 pound lean ground beef (90 percent lean)
• 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
• 1/2 cup water
• 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
• 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
• 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
• 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
• 1/2 teaspoon pepper
• Dash cayenne pepper
• 8 hot dogs
• 8 hot dog buns, split
• Shredded cheddar cheese, relish and chopped onion, for toppings
1. Cook beef in a skillet over medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, until no longer pink.
2. Mix in tomato sauce, water, Worcestershire sauce, onion, garlic powder, ground mustard, chili powder and two kinds of pepper.
3. Place 8 hot dogs in the bottom of your Crock-Pot® 3-Quart Manual Slow Cooker.
4. Cover with beef sauce, cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours, until heated through.
5. Serve hot dogs topped with beef mixture on buns and top with cheese, relish and chopped onion for garnish.
6. Enjoy warm!
Due to the slow ramp up, and even heating of a slow cooker, recipes featured on this site can be cooked in a range of slow cooker sizes. Recipes can be increased or decreased by one quart size per the cooking instructions. For smaller sauces and dips that call for 3 quarts or less, it is not recommended to alter the unit size. Crock-Pot® is a registered trademark and should not be used generically when referring to a 'slow cooker' within the recipes.
Sunbeam Products, Inc. d/b/a Jarden Consumer Solutions has not tested these recipes and is not responsible for the outcome of any recipe. You may not achieve the results desired due to variations in ingredients, cooking temperatures, cooking times, typos, errors, omissions, or individual cooking abilities. Please always use your best judgment when cooking with raw ingredients such as eggs, chicken or fish.