Slow Cooker Breakfast Quesadillas
Perfect for your next brunch, these breakfast quesadillas are filling and delicious!
• 10 pieces of cooked bacon, chopped
• 3 c. Potatoes O’Brien, frozen
• 4 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded +
• 6 Eggs
• 1 c. Milk
• salt & pepper, to taste
• dash or two of your favorite hot sauce
• Refrigerated, uncooked tortillas
1. Grease a 5-Quart programmable slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
2. Place Potatoes O’Brien in the slow cooker
3. Sprinkled chopped bacon over top potatoes
4. Next, add 4 oz. of the shredded cheese over bacon & potatoes
5. Sprinkle with salt & pepper to your liking.
6. In a separate bowl, combine eggs, milk and your favorite hot sauce, if desired. Whisk.
7. Pour egg mixture over ingredients in the slow cooker. Stir to combine.
8. Cover and Cook on LOW for 5 Hours and allow to stay on Warm for up to 3 hours more.
9. Stir eggs and replace lid to keep warm while heating tortillas.
10. To make quesadillas, heat a tortilla for 15 seconds over a dry skillet. (I like the uncooked tortillas in the refrigerated section at the grocery store)
11. Flip tortilla and add about ½ egg mixture to one half of the tortilla.
12. Sprinkle with additional shredded Monterey jack cheese (or add pepper jack, if you’d prefer) and fold tortilla in half to secure ingredients.
13. Cook for 15-20 seconds longer or just until tortilla starts to crisp on one side.
14. Flip and heat other side, pressing down with a spatula to flatten the quesadilla.
15. Remove from heat.
16. Slice into wedges with a pizza cutter. Serve with sour cream and/or salsa.