Crock-Pot® 7.0-Quart Cook & Carry™ Slow Cooker ,Programmable, Black
- See final price in cart
An easy way to take your slow-cooked meal on the road. The Crock-Pot® Programmable Cook & Carry™ 7-Quart Oval Slow Cooker will keep food safe on-the-go with hinged locking lids and carrying handles. There’s no need to repack food in other containers - making travel a breeze!
An easy way to take your slow-cooked meal on the road. The Crock-Pot® Programmable Cook & Carry™ 7-Quart Oval Slow Cooker has an easy locking gasket lid that will help you get to your final destination without making a mess. Ideal for all your favorite slow cooker recipes, with 7-quart capacity and programmable time settings to accommodate varied cooking needs and time constraints. This slow cooker will keep food safe on-the-go with hinged locking lids and carrying handles. With these features, there’s no need to repack food in other containers - making travel a breeze. This slow cooker also has removable oval stoneware that can double as a serving dish.
Easy-to-use locking lid featuring lid gasket provides extra seal for less mess on-the-go
Works on 240 Watts at 120V A.C. and 60Hz
Digital countdown control lets you program cook-times anywhere from 30 minutes up to 20 hours
Shifts to warm setting automatically once cook-time completes
Crock-Pot® 7.0-Quart Cook & Carry™ Slow Cooker ,Programmable, Black is rated
3.9 out of
Rated 4 out of
Has every nice feature.When I opened it I had the feeling it had been used before. The entire box was shrink-wrapped. There was evidence that the ceramic insert had been wiped clean with a cloth and the inside had some caked on debris that would not come off.
Despite this, I used the crock-pot once so far and it worked fine. I chose this model because it had the features I wanted: large, portable, and programmable. The latch features could be more robust, especially the wire loops that catch on the base. One side already came dislodged from the plastic and I had to shove it back in.
Date published: 2019-04-14
Rated 4 out of
Lid problemsI bought this for lock and carry lid. It is missing a whole where the bracket is suppose to go. It never had one in it
Date published: 2019-03-06
Rated 3 out of
Replacing LidOn the Crock-Pot website to replace the lid. Within six months of getting this pot which we wanted for the locking lid for traveling, one of the clips on the lid the rivet broke off. Did not know this until someone found the rivet in their food. :(
Hoping the new lid doesn't have this issue.
Otherwise we like it.
Date published: 2019-02-09
Rated 1 out of
Wrong sized lidBought this yesterday with my husband. When we pulled it out of the box, we tried the lid out and absolutely could not get the lid to lock on both sides. The lid is too small! Will be returning and not buying another unit. Very unhappy.
Date published: 2019-01-06
Rated 2 out of
It's size is it's best featureI bought this before Christmas and have now had a few chances to use it. I've got really mixed feelings about it.
Positives include its size and the fact it's programmable. It's hard to find a 7 qt slow cooker that has functional programming. This item allows you to set cook times in 30 minute increments rather than having a number of preset times to choose from. I also bought the black unit. I've got 2 stainless slow cookers and their casings just look awful after a few months.
Negatives. (And there are enough that if I'd paid full price would have made me return the cooker.) I have a 5 qt and 6 qt Hamilton Beach that I'm using as comparisons.
1. Digital timer. This is located way down at the bottom of the unit and keeps it from been easily seen. While that sounds picky, it really is a problem when you go to see how long you have on the timer or when you set it.
2. No on button. WAY weird. I don't think I've ever had an appliance other than a counter top grill that started this way. It's weird enough I would have most likely passed on this unit if I'd known it or thought about it.
3. No real lid gasket/seal. I saw someone else mention this in a review and she's right. It's a real problem if you plan to travel with this appliance. It also has a really cheap feel that makes me wonder how long it will last.
4. Lid clasps. Probably the BIGGEST negative. My two other crocks have the locking mechanism attached to the sides with a little hook area on the lid to fit the locking brackets over. This unit has those mechanisms attached to the lid. This makes clean up infinitely more difficult. Pretty sure it won't take long before I either knock one off or it falls off on its own. This is just a horrible design that should be changed fast.
5. Temperature. My unit cooks hot. Even accounting for the size (larger crocks cook faster) I have to be really diligent in watching my cooking time. The warm feature seems to be a bit higher than it should be...liquidy stuff tends to sit at a high simmer which really seems to hot. I haven't tested the temperature yet (on my to do list), but keep a close eye on cooking times for this unit.
All in all, the cooker was a good deal for the price. Still, if I'd known (or paid attention) to the features, I would have passed on it. Even needing a larger cooker this is still a problematic purchase.
Date published: 2019-01-04
Rated 5 out of
Bernice Lowell from
cooker great - safety miraculousI have cooked in this for a few months, works well, cooks well. But, I made a pot full of sweet beans for a Christmas Party and as my husband carried it into the host house he did not see the small step into their dining room and he fell half way across the room and the pot went flying and hit the wall. It did NOT open or leak anything. After making sure Papa was OK I just had visions of the horror of beans everywhere. There was not a drop. Beans were great as usual and the party was on without a hitch. Buy this pot!
Date published: 2018-12-27
Rated 4 out of
LidI see there is a vent hole on glass lid. Did it come with a plug or is lid hole intentional for venting?
Date published: 2018-12-14
Rated 1 out of
unhappy cooker5564 from
Lid doesn't fit or sealI bought one to take food to pot lucks, dinners, etc. When I put the crock inside the exterior, it didn't fit properly and wobbled. When I put the lid on, it didn't fit properly and there was a gap on both sides where steam escapes as cooking. When I locked the lid down and took it in my car, liquid sloshed out while driving -- even though it was not over filled. I've owned a lot of crock pots in various sizes over the years from different companies and loved all but this one. I will Never buy Crock Pot Brand again.