White Chicken Chili Slow Cooker Recipe
Fire roasted green chiles add spice, without heat, for an easy weeknight dinner that’s loaded with fork-tender white meat chicken.
- 8 ounces dried navy beans, rinsed and sorted
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 4)
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground red pepper (optional)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 can (4 ounces) fire-roasted diced mild green chiles, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Place beans in bottom of Crockpot™ Slow Cooker.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 8 minutes or until browned on all sides. Remove to slow cooker.
- Heat same skillet over medium heat. Add onion; cook 6 minutes or until softened and lightly browned.
- Add garlic, cumin, salt, oregano, black pepper, and ground red pepper, if desired; cook and stir 1 minute. Add chicken broth and chiles; bring to a simmer, stirring to scrape up any browned bits from bottom of skillet.
- Remove to Crockpot Slow Cooker. Cover; cook on LOW for 5 hours. Remove chicken to large cutting board; shred with two forks. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir to blend.
- Top each serving with fresh cilantro.
Soups And Stews