Sweet Potato Black Bean Chili Slow Cooker Recipe
This vegan favorite, mixes sweet potato, peppers, and beans for a hearty and healthy chili that’s great any day of the week—minus the meat.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 large sweet potato, diced into ½-inch pieces
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 ½ cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15-ounces) black beans
- 1 can (15-ounces) kidney beans
- In a saucepan on medium-high heat, add olive oil and onion and cook for 3 minutes until soft. Add sweet potato, bell pepper, garlic, chili powder, cumin, and salt, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Transfer to your Crockpot® Slow Cooker, add vegetable broth, and stir to combine. Pour tomato sauce on top, and do not stir.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours.
- Turn slow cooker to WARM setting. Stir in black beans and kidney beans, and let sit for 10 minutes for the chili to thicken.
- Taste, adjusting salt and seasoning as desired.
- Garnish with cilantro, avocado, and/or a squeeze of fresh lime or lemon juice.
Soups And Stews