Chicken and Mushroom Alfredo Slow Cooker Recipe
This classic Italian favorite gets its richness from butter, heavy cream, and lots of parmesan cheese.
- 6 ounces baby bella or white mushrooms, sliced
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in 1-inch pieces
- ½ medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- ⅔ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 package angel hair pasta
- Heat oil in a skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add salt & pepper to cut chicken pieces and quickly sear in the skillet. Toss to sear all sides. (Do not cook, just quickly sear!)
- Place onions and mushrooms in your Crockpot® Slow Cooker. Season with salt and pepper and garlic.
- Add chicken and coconut oil left in skillet to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Cook angel hair pasta according to directions on the package.
- Meanwhile, heat butter over medium heat. Once melted, whisk in cream, followed by parmesan cheese. Stir until the sauce starts to thicken.
- Season sauce with a bit of pepper and then stir it into the ingredients in the slow cooker. Toss to coat.
- Serve chicken/sauce over cooked pasta and sprinkle with additional freshly grated parmesan cheese.