Mango Jerk Chicken Slow Cooker Recipe
Who doesn’t love some Caribbean flavor? This spicy Jamaican dish achieves the perfect balance of spicy and sweet with two types of pepper, and juicy mango chunks.
For the Jamaican Jerk seasoning:
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- ½ tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 teaspoons parsley
- 1 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoons allspice
- ¼ teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoons nutmeg
- ½ teaspoons curry powder
- ¼ teaspoons cayenne
- ¼ teaspoons dried chili pepper flakes
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Store in glass jar for future use
For the Mango Jerk Chicken:
- 1 cup red onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into strips
- 1 mango, cut into small chunks
- 1 handful of cilantro pieces
- 4 chicken breasts (about 1½ pounds)
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons Jamaican jerk seasoning
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- ¼ cup cold water
- To create your Jamaican jerk seasoning, mix all ingredients together in a bowl. Store in glass jar for future use.
- In your Crock-Pot® slow cooker, add chicken breast and season with salt and pepper to taste. Sprinkle 2 teaspoons of Jamaican jerk seasoning all over the chicken.
- Pour 3 tbsps of chicken broth over the chicken, then add red onions, red bell peppers, mango chunks, and torn cilantro sprigs directly on top.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 hours.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water in a small bowl to make a slurry.
- Pour slurry into the slow cooker and cover for an additional 30 minutes on HIGH until sauce thickens.
- Serve warm with white rice and steamed vegetables.