Simple Slow Cooker Applesauce (Kid Friendly!)
- 4 pounds (10 - 11 apples) naturally sweet apples, sliced
- ¼ cup unsweetened apple cider
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Add all ingredients to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours or on high for 3 hours, until apples and skins are soft.
- Allow to cool before eating.
- To make a blueberry vanilla blend of applesauce: Follow same steps as above and add 2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen and 1 tablespoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste.