- 2 cups pomegranate juice
- 1/2 cup walnuts, toasted*
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 pounds chicken wings
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 11/4 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Hot cooked couscous (optional)
- Pomegranate seeds (optional)
- *To toast walnuts, spread in single layer in heavy-bottomed skillet. Cook and stir 1 to 2 minutes over medium heat until nuts are lightly browned. Remove from skillet immediately.
- Pour pomegranate juice into small saucepan; bring to a boil over high heat. Boil 18 to 20 minutes or until juice is reduced to 1 cup.
- Meanwhile, place walnuts in food processor; pulse until finely ground. Remove to Crockpot™ slow cooker.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook 6 minutes or until translucent. Add wings, onion, pomegranate juice, sugar, cinnamon, salt and pepper to Crockpot™ slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours. Serve over couscous, if desired. Garnish with pomegranate seeds.