Moroccan Chicken With Apricots, Olives And Almonds
- 3 lbs skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp cayenne pepper
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- ⅓ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained
- ½ cup green olives
- ½ cup dried Turkish apricots
- ⅓ cup sliced almonds, toasted
- Toss chicken thighs with onion, cumin, ginger, coriander, cinnamon and cayenne in a large bowl.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place chicken and onions in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth and bay leaf.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 hours.
- Add in chickpeas, olives and apricots.
- Cover and continue to cook for about 1 hour, until chicken is tender and cooked through. Apricots should be plump.
- Remove bay leaf and season juices with salt and pepper.
- Toasted almonds should be lightly golden and fragrant. Best baked at 350 degrees.
- To serve, spoon chicken and juices into bowls and top with toasted almonds.