Molasses Maple-Glazed Beef Brisket Slow Cooker Recipe
Brown sugar, molasses, and citrus combine to add rich tangy flavor to thin-sliced beef. Serve with potatoes and green beans.
- 1 beef brisket (about 3 pounds), cut in half and scored on both sides
- 4 slices (1/16 inch thick each) fresh ginger
- 4 slices (1/2 inch x 1½ inches, each) orange peel
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup molasses
- Juice of 1 orange
- 2 tablespoons packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Hot mashed potatoes (optional)
- Green beans (optional)
- Combine brisket, ginger, orange peel, syrup, molasses, orange juice, brown sugar, oil, tomato paste, garlic, salt, ground red pepper and black pepper in large resealable food storage bag.
- Seal bag; turn to coat.
- Refrigerate 2 hours or overnight, turning the bag several times.
- Remove brisket to Crock-Pot® slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 7 to 9 hours or on HIGH 3 1/2 to 4 hours.
- Remove brisket to large cutting board; thinly slice across grain.
- Serve and enjoy with potatoes and green beans, if desired.