Kale, Olive Oil and Parmesan Soup Slow Cooker Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small Spanish onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 cups vegetable broth
- 2 pounds kale, washed and chopped
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, garlic, salt and pepper; cook and stir 4 to 5 minutes or until onion begins to soften. Remove onion mixture to Crockpot™ slow cooker; add broth. Cover; cook on LOW 3 hours or until heated through.
- Stir in kale. Turn slow cooker to HIGH. Cover; cook on HIGH 15 minutes or until heated through. Spoon soup into individual serving bowls. Sprinkle with cheese and drizzle with extra virgin olive oil just before serving, if desired.
Soups And Stews