Italian Sausage Chili Slow Cooker Recipe
Spicy Italian sausage, ground turkey, and four different types of beans make this one of heartiest chili recipes you can make. Plus, we’ve added beer and wine for an unexpected flavor twist.
- 1 pound ground Italian sausage, spicy
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons fresh garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 can (15 ounces), diced tomato
- 1 can (5 ounces) green chiles
- 1 habañero pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 jar (16 ounces) thick and chunky salsa
- 1 can (about 8 ounces) hot tomato sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounce) IPA beer
- ½ bottle red wine
- 12 ounces chili sauce
- ½ cup chili seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- ½ cup chopped cilantro
- Optional toppings: shredded cheese, sour cream, diced onions
- In a large frying pan, brown the sausage and ground turkey in olive oil on medium-high heat. Once cooked, pour into your Crockpot™ Slow Cooker.
- Turn the frying pan heat to medium and sauté garlic, onions, and bell pepper for 5 minutes. Stir for 1 minute and transfer to slow cooker.
- Pour all remaining ingredients into the slow cooker. Stir all ingredients together.
- Cover; cook on LOW 4 to 6 hours or on HIGH 3 to 4 hours.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream, and onions.
Soups And Stews