Italian Braised Short Ribs Pressure Cooker Recipe
If there’s a way to make ribs taste elegant, this is it. Cook with red wine, mushrooms, and Italian seasoning, and serve with mashed potatoes.
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 3 pounds beef short ribs, excess fat trimmed
- Salt and pepper
- 2 large yellow onions, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 16 ounces mushrooms (baby bella or cremini), quartered
- 2 cups dry red wine
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- Mashed potatoes for serving (optional)
- Press BROWN/SAUTE on your Crock-Pot® Express pressure cooker, and heat oil on HIGH. Season ribs with salt and pepper. Add ribs to the cooking pot in batches and cook uncovered, 6 to 8 minutes, or until browned on all sides. Transfer to a large plate.
- Add onions to the cooking pot and cook 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Add garlic, mushrooms, wine, broth, and Italian seasoning; cook for 3 minutes.
- Add ribs back to the cooking pot. Secure lid, press MEAT/STEW, set pressure to HIGH and set timer to 45 minutes. Make sure Steam Release Valve is in the closed position. Press START/STOP.
- Once cooking is complete, release pressure naturally for 10 minutes, then manually release remaining pressure. Remove ribs, mushrooms, and onions to a large serving platter; cover to keep warm.
- Press BROWN/SAUTE and heat cooking liquid on HIGH. Combine water and flour together in a small bowl, then whisk into the cooking pot. Cook, uncovered, 5 to 10 minutes or until thickened.
- Serve over mashed potatoes with thickened sauce. Enjoy!
Express Pressure Cooker