Raspberry Croissant Puddings Slow Cooker Recipe
Bread pudding, but extra-fancy! These individual desserts are rich and satisfying, with delightful crunchy almond topping.
- 4 large Croissants
- ½ pound raspberries
- 3 medium eggs
- ¼ pound golden caster sugar
- 10 fluid ounces whole milk
- 10 fluid ounces double cream
- zest of 1 orange
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ounces flaked almonds
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- NOTE: For this recipe we used six 8-ounce jam jars. You can of course use ramekin dishes if you prefer, if necessary, just alter the recipe quantities accordingly.
- Tear the croissants into pieces and place into the jars, alternating with the fresh raspberries. Push down a little and fill each jar ¾ full.
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs, adding the golden caster sugar, milk, cream, zest of orange and the vanilla extract. Whisk until fully combined.
- Pour some of the egg mixture into each jar, allowing this to settle before topping up. Pour enough egg mixture to just cover the contents. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- To make the sugared almonds, sprinkle the almonds into a frying pan and heat gently until they start to color slightly. Stir in the sugar and continue stirring as the sugar melts and the almonds are covered in sugary loveliness.
- Remove from the heat and tip onto some baking parchment paper to cool. Once cold they are lovely and crunchy.
- Pour 16 ounces of warm water into the base of your slow cooker and transfer the jars into the water.
- Place a clean dry towel over the top of the bowl, before closing the lid (this will stop any condensation drips from falling onto your puddings).
- Cook on HIGH for 1 hour, until the puddings are risen and set.
- Carefully remove the puddings from the bowl and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream, a dusting of icing sugar and a sprinkling of sugared almonds.
- Serve and enjoy!