Creamy Crab Bisque Slow Cooker Recipe
It doesn’t get much better than this rich seafood soup, flavored with lemon, allspice, nutmeg, and a dash (or two) or white wine.
- 4 cups whipping cream
- 3 cups fresh crab meat, flaked and picked over for shells
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground allspice
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup prepared mandlen (soup nuts), ground into crumbs*
- Fresh chopped Italian parsley (optional)
- *Mandlen are small nugget-like crackers made from matzo meal, available in the supermarket ethnic foods aisle.
- Combine cream, crabmeat, butter, lemon peel, lemon juice, nutmeg and allspice in Crockpot® slow cooker; stir to blend. Cover; cook on LOW 1 to 2 hours.
- Stir in wine and mandlen crumbs. Cover; cook on LOW 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy.