Cranberry and Orange Mulled Wine Slow Cooker Recipe
Festive and flavorful, this cocktail makes the perfect addition to any holiday gathering. Cranberries and orange juice spiced with cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg, then spiked with a good cabernet sauvignon.
- 1 bottle of fruity red wine (Cabernet Sauvignon works well)
- 1 ¼ cups freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 star anise pods
- 1 cup fresh cranberries, rinsed
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ of a whole nutmeg, grated
- 1 orange, sliced
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 2 shots (3 ½ ounces) brandy (optional)
- 3 to 4 springs fresh thyme
- Place all ingredients, apart from the brandy and thyme, into your Crock-Pot® slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW 2 to 3 hours until the berries are tender.
- Remove the fruit slices and set aside.
- Strain through a mesh sieve, squashing some of the berries to release their tartness.
- Adjust the sweetness and add the brandy, if desired.
- Pour the mulled wine back into your slow cooker, add the fruit slices back, and set to WARM.
- Pour into heatproof glasses and garnish with the fruit slices, a sprinkle of sugar, and a sprig of thyme.
- Serve and enjoy!