Cinnamon Swirl French Toast Casserole Slow Cooker Recipe
This sweet, simple, and custardy twist on French Toast is sure to be a hit with the whole family.
- 6 cups cinnamon swirl bread, cubed
- 7 large eggs
- 2 1/2 cups whole milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup dates, chopped
- 3 teaspoons butter, cut into bits
- 3/4 cup candied pecans, coarsely chopped
- Coat the inside of your Crockpot® Slow Cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread bread cubes on a baking sheet. Crisp in the oven at 275°F for 20 minutes or until the bread is slightly dry and hard. Add the bread to the base of your slow cooker.
- While bread is crisping, whisk eggs, milk, cream, sugar, syrup, vanilla, cinnamon, and nutmeg together.
- Pour mixture over bread and ensure bread is fully submerged. Sprinkle in dates, pecans, and butter.
- Cover; cook on HIGH for 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve with powdered sugar and syrup, and enjoy!