Beef Stew with Bacon, Onion and Sweet Potatoes Slow Cooker Recipe
- 1 pound cubed beef stew meat
- 1 can (about 14 ounces) beef broth
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 slices thick-cut bacon, diced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Coat inside of Crockpot™ slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Combine beef, broth, potatoes, onion, bacon, thyme, salt and pepper in Crockpot™ slow cooker; stir to blend.
- Cover; cook on LOW 7 to 8 hours or on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or until beef and vegetables are tender. Remove beef and vegetables to serving bowl using slotted spoon. Cover and keep warm.
- Stir water into cornstarch in small bowl until smooth; whisk into Crockpot™ slow cooker. Cover; cook on LOW 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve sauce evenly over beef and vegetables.
Soups And Stews