BBQ Chicken Quinoa Bowl Slow Cooker Recipe
Packed with the protein you need to fuel your outdoor activities; this chicken quinoa bowl will keep the whole family moving.
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon cumin powder
- ½ tablespoon chili powder
- ½ tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon hickory liquid smoke
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- ½ pound chicken breast
- Green onions
- Cheddar cheese, grated
- Place quinoa, corn, peppers, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika, BBQ sauce, salt, hickory liquid smoke, and chicken broth into your Crockpot® Slow Cooker.
- Place chicken breast in between the ingredients and cover with mixture.
- Cover; cook on HIGH for 2 to 3 hours, or until broth is absorbed and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove lid and chicken breast and shred it, using two forks. Place shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Serve in bowls with extra BBQ sauce, cilantro, green onions, and cheddar cheese.