BBQ Brisket Sandwich Slow Cooker Recipe
- 2 ½ cups BBQ sauce
- ½ cup BBQ rub
- 4 lbs brisket, trimmed of excess of fat
- 1 cup beef stock
- 12 hamburger buns, toasted
- 1 medium onion, sliced (optional, for garnish)
- Pickles, sliced (optional, for garnish)
- Mix together the perfect BBQ rub and set aside. Use your fingers to rub the perfect BBQ rub all over the brisket.
- Place the brisket into your Crockpot™ slow-cooker. You may need to cut the roast into 2 pieces. It
- In a medium bowl, mix together 1 cup of the prepared BBQ sauce and the beef stock (1 cup). Pour over the meat. Cover and cook on LOW for 10 hours.
- Save 2 cups of the cooking liquid from the slow-cooker and discard the rest. Set aside.
- Carefully remove the meat from the slow-cooker and place in a large roasting pan or baking sheet. Use two forks to shred the meat. Transfer the shredded meat to a cutting board and chop the meat using a large knife.
- Add the meat back into the slow-cooker and add another cup of the BBQ sauce along with the 2 cups reserved cooking liquid. Mix until combined. Cook on HIGH for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm with toasted buns, additional BBQ sauce, sliced onions, and sliced pickles.