Barbecue Chicken Quinoa Bowl Slow Cooker Recipe
- 1 cup quinoa, uncooked
- 1 cup corn, frozen
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ½ tablespoon each of cumin powder, chili powder and smoked paprika
- 1 cup barbecue sauce and extra for topping
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon hickory liquid smoke
- 1 cup and 2 tablespoons chicken broth
- ½ pound chicken breast
- Cilantro, for garnish
- Green onion, for garnish
- Cheddar cheese, grated, for garnish
- Add quinoa to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top with corn, peppers, onion, garlic, cumin, chili powder, paprika, 1 cup barbecue sauce, salt, hickory liquid smoke and chicken broth.
- Nestle chicken breasts between all ingredients in the middle & ensure that liquid covers them.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 3 hours, until broth is absorbed and chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken breasts and shred, using two forks.
- Add the shredded chicken back into the slow cooker and mix well.
- Serve in bowls and garnish with remaining barbecue sauce, cilantro, green onions and cheddar cheese.