Barbacoa Stackers Slow Cooker Recipe
- 2 lbs beef brisket, trimmed and cut into 2-3 inch pieces
- 2 chipotles in adobo sauce, chopped plus 3 tsp adobo sauce
- 1 (4-oz.) can diced green chilies
- ⅓ cup beef broth
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2-3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 Tbsp cumin
- 2 tsp chili powder
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ lime's juice
- Stacker Toppings
- 1 (16-oz.) can refried beans, heated
- Cabbage slaw
- Pickled red onions
- ¼ cup grated cotija cheese, or cheese of choice
- chopped cilantro
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Add all of the barbacoa ingredients to your Crockpot™ slow cooker besides the lime. Cover and cook on high 5-6 hours or low for 8-9 hours.
- Remove bay leaves and shred beef with a fork, add back in the slow cooker. Add lime juice and mix everything.
- Spread refried beans on each tostado then top with a little crunchy slaw. Using a slotted spoon add desired amount of barbacoa to each tostado. Next add pickled red onions, cotija, cilantro, and avocado slices.
- Serve with lime wedges if desired and enjoy!
Lunch And Dinner