Asian Kale and Chickpeas Slow Cooker Recipe
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, chopped
- 8 cups chopped kale
- 1 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 cans (about 15 ounces each) unsalted chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 cups hot cooked rice (optional)
- Coat inside of Crockpot™ slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray. Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, ginger, garlic and jalapeño peppers; cook 1 minute. Add kale; cook and stir 2 minutes or until slightly wilted. Remove kale mixture to slow cooker. Add broth and chickpeas.
- Cover; cook on LOW 3 hours. Turn off heat. Stir in lime juice and lime peel. Serve with rice, if desired.
Lunch And Dinner