Asian Kale and Chickpeas Express Pressure Cooker Recipe
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger, divided
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers*, chopped, divided
- 8 cups chopped stemmed kale (1 bunch)
- ½ cup vegetable broth
- 2 cans (about 15 ounces each) chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 cups hot cooked rice (optional)
- *Jalapeño peppers can sting and irritate the skin, so wear rubber gloves when handling peppers and do not touch your eyes.
- Press BROWN/SAUTÉ on Crockpot™ Express Pressure Cooker. Add oil, onion, 1 teaspoon ginger, garlic and 1 jalapeño pepper; cook and stir 1 minute. Add kale; cook and stir 2 minutes or until slightly wilted. Add broth and chickpeas. Secure lid. Press MANUAL PRESSURE, set pressure to HIGH and time to 3 minutes. Make sure Steam Release Valve is in the "Seal" (closed) position. Press START/STOP.
- Once cooking is complete, quick release pressure. Stir in remaining 1 teaspoon ginger, 1 jalapeño pepper, lime juice and lime peel. Serve with rice, if desired.
Lunch And Dinner
Express Pressure Cooker