Asian Golden Barley with Cashews Slow Cooker Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup hulled barley, sorted
- 3 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Chopped cashew nuts
- Heat large skillet over medium heat. Add oil and barley; cook and stir 10 minutes or until barley is slightly browned. Remove to Crockpot™ slow cooker.
- Add broth, celery, bell pepper, onion, garlic, salt and black pepper; stir to blend. Cover; cook on LOW 4 to 5 hours or on HIGH 2 to 3 hours or until liquid is absorbed. Top with cashews.