Asian Golden Barley Express Pressure Cooker Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup hulled barley, sorted
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- Chopped cashew nuts
- Press BROWN/SAUTÉ on Crockpot™ Express Pressure Cooker. Heat oil on HIGH. Add barley; cook and stir 5 minutes. Add celery, bell pepper, onion, garlic, salt and black pepper; cook and stir 3 minutes or until vegetables are tender and barley is slightly browned. Add broth. Secure lid. Press MULTIGRAIN, set temperature to HIGH and time to 20 minutes.
- Once cooking is complete, natural release pressure 10 minutes. Release remaining pressure. Top each serving with cashews.
Express Pressure Cooker