Asiago and Asparagus Risotto-Style Rice Express Pressure Cooker Recipe
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (about 14 ounces) vegetable broth
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ pound asparagus spears, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ cup half-and-half
- ½ cup (about 4 ounces) shredded Asiago cheese, plus additional for garnish
- 2 ounces pine nuts or slivered almonds, toasted*
- *To toast pine nuts, spread in single layer in Crockpot Express Pressure Cooker. Press BROWN/SAUTÉ. Cook and stir on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes or until nuts are lightly browned.
- Press BROWN/SAUTÉ on Crockpot™ Express Pressure Cooker. Heat butter on HIGH until melted. Add onions and garlic; cook and stir 5 to 7 minutes until onions are softened. Add broth, rice and salt; stir to blend. Secure lid. Press RICE/GRAINS, set temperature to HIGH and time to 5 minutes. Make sure Steam Release Valve is in the "Seal" (closed) position. Press START/STOP.
- Once cooking is complete, natural release pressure 5 minutes. Release remaining pressure. Stir in asparagus. Secure lid. Press RICE/GRAINS, set temperature to HIGH and time to 3 minutes. Make sure Steam Release Valve is in the "Seal" (closed) position. Press START/STOP.
- Once cooking is complete, quick release pressure. Press BOIL. Stir in half-and-half and ½ cup cheese; cook on HIGH 2 to 3 minutes until cheese is melted. Stir in pine nuts. Garnish with additional cheese.
Express Pressure Cooker