Arizona Ranch Beans Express Pressure Cooker Recipe
- ½ pound bacon, chopped
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 can (4 ounces) diced mild green chiles
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 pound dried pinto beans, rinsed and sorted
- 1 ¾ cups water
- 1 can (about 14 ounces) whole tomatoes, undrained, coarsely chopped
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- Press BROWN/SAUTÉ on Crockpot™ Express Pressure Cooker. Add bacon cook until crisp, stirring occasionally. Remove to paper towel-lined plate. Drain off all but 2 tablespoons drippings. Add onions; cook and stir 3 minutes. Add chiles, garlic, salt, chili powder, oregano and cumin; cook and stir 1 minute. Add beans, water, tomatoes and half of bacon; stir to blend.
- Secure lid. Press BEANS/CHILI, set pressure to HIGH and time to 30 minutes. Make sure Steam Release Valve is in the “Seal” (closed) position. Press START/STOP.
- Once cooking is complete, natural release pressure 10 minutes. Release remaining pressure. Stir chili. If thicker chili is desired, press BROWN/SAUTÉ on Express Crock; cook 5 minutes or until chili thickens to desired consistency. Season with additional salt, if desired. Serve with lime wedges.
Express Pressure Cooker