Apple-Cinnamon Breakfast Risotto Express Pressure Cooker Recipe
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter, divided
- 4 medium Granny Smith apples (about 1 1/2 pounds), peeled and diced
- 1 ½ teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1 ½ cups uncooked arborio rice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- 4 cups apple juice
- 2 tablespoons packed dark brown sugar, plus additional for serving
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Milk, sliced almonds and dried cranberries (optional)
- Press BROWN/SAUTÉ on Crockpot™ Express Pressure Cooker. Add 2 tablespoons butter; melt on HIGH. Add apples and 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until apples are softened. Remove to small bowl; set aside.
- Melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter in Cooking Pot. Add rice, remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon, salt and allspice; cook and stir 1 minute. Stir in apple juice, 2 tablespoons brown sugar and vanilla. Secure lid. Press MANUAL PRESSURE, set temperature to HIGH and time to 8 minutes. Make sure Steam Release Valve is in the "Seal" (closed) position. Press START/STOP.
- Once cooking is complete, quick release pressure. Press BROWN/SAUTÉ. Add reserved apples to Cooking Pot; cook and stir 1 minute or until risotto reaches desired consistency. Serve with milk, almonds, cranberries and additional brown sugar, if desired.
Express Pressure Cooker