Slow-Cooked Thai Peanut Chicken
When you're looking for a way to incorporate new flavors and spices into your regular dinner routine, give this Asian-inspired chicken dish a try. You'll be instantly transported to the other side of the world with this tasty Thai dish, filled with zesty new ingredients.
Best of all, your meal preparation can be easily customized with the Crock-Pot® 5-Quart Countdown Digital Slow Cooker. Set your cook time on high or low from 30 minutes all the way to 20 hours, which is flexible enough to fit any schedule, and then the countdown timer provides a readout of time that's left. If you time your commute perfectly, as soon as you walk in the door, you'll be able to dive right in to your flavorful Thai dinner.
Thai Peanut Chicken
The perfect combination of nutty and sweet, this Thai peanut chicken dish is satisfyingly delicious. It can be served over a bed of rice or noodles, or in large lettuce leaves as lettuce wraps.
- 1 small red or orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 2 pounds skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup chunky or crunchy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons of honey
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 small piece fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Brown rice or noodles (optional)
- Large butter lettuce leaves for lettuce wraps (optional)
- 1/4 cup crushed peanuts for topping
- 1/4 cup diced cilantro, for garnish
- Add the peppers and chopped onion to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Top with chicken breasts.
- In a food processor, combine peanut butter, lime juice, chicken broth, honey and soy sauce until smooth and creamy.
- Pour over chicken and vegetables.
- Add garlic, fresh ginger and red pepper flakes.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and dice or shred.
- Return to slow cooker and mix well with sauce.
- Serve over rice or noodles, or in lettuce wraps.
- Top with crushed peanuts and cilantro.