Slow Cooker Gnocchi in Creamy Pork Sauce
No matter how much you enjoy dining out, there are many nights when the heartwarming comfort of a home cooked meal trumps even your favorite restaurant. And, with a delicious recipe that slow cooks a tasty meal conveniently, why would you opt for anything else? Combining creamy pork sauce with thick and plump dough dumplings is restaurant-worthy, but something easy enough to try at home.
Using your Crock-Pot® Manual 6-Quart Slow Cooker, it's easier than ever to create family-favorites on a busy day.
Gnocchi in Creamy Pork Sauce
Requiring little preparation or effort, this deliciously creamy and savory slow-cooked dish is perfect for a chilly evening or hungry crowd. Topped with Parmesan cheese and served with warm, buttered rolls, this creamy pork sauce gnocchi is an extremely satisfying dinner.
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 to 5 pounds bone-in pork shoulder
- 2 (28-ounce) cans crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 2 pounds dried gnocchi
- Parmesan cheese, for topping
- Parsley, for garnish
- Place a Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker Liner inside your 6-quart slow cooker.
- Add diced yellow onion and garlic to the bottom.
- Cover with the bone-in pork shoulder.
- Pour 1 can of crush tomatoes over top, covering the sides as well.
- Season with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- Pour second can of crushed tomatoes in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 11 hours overnight.
- Remove the layer of fat and bone from the pork and discard.
- Stir in the heavy cream and gnocchi.
- Cover and cook for 1 more hour on low.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese and parsley for garnish.
- Serve warm and enjoy.