Slow Cooker Chipotle Pumpkin Chicken Recipes
Since autumn is the season of all things squash, there's no better way to enjoy these seasonal favorites than by incorporating them into your slow-cooked meals. The pumpkin is especially great for cooking, thanks to its smooth inner flesh that's naturally sweet and flavorful. This fall, when you're in the mood for a hearty dinner that's both sweet and savory, this rich chipotle pumpkin chicken dish and robust chili are perfect for a chilly evening.
With the Crock-Pot® 6-Quart Slow Cooker with Stovetop-Safe Cooking Pot you can easily create these wholesome and delicious dinners with ease. Simply combine the ingredients in the morning, set your digital countdown timer and head out for the day. Hours later you'll come home to the mouth-watering aroma of a wonderful pumpkin dinner.
Chipotle Pumpkin Chicken
Creamy and delicious, with subtle notes of zest and spice, this slow-cooked chicken dish is a perfect complement to the autumn weather.
- 1 to 2 pounds chicken
- 1 can (15 ounces) pure pumpkin purée
- 1 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1/4 cup minced roasted poblano pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 3/4 cup water
- Place chicken breasts in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- In a bowl, combine pumpkin purée with chipotle powder, poblano pepper, garlic, onion powder, dried oregano and cumin.
- Pour over chicken and cover with water.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours.
- Enjoy warm.
Chipotle Pumpkin Chicken Chili
If you love the flavor profile of pumpkin and chicken, mixed with chipotle and spices, but prefer soups and chili, this recipe is perfect for you.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 1/4 pounds chicken breasts
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1/2 large red onion, diced
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, chopped
- 1 tablespoon adobo sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- Chopped cilantro, for topping
- Bring all ingredients, except lime juice and cilantro, together in the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Mix well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours.
- Remove chicken breasts and use two forks to shred.
- Add chicken back to the chili and continue to stir.
- Serve in bowls with a splash of lime juice and garnished with cilantro.