Slow-Cooked Beer and Cheddar Bisque
Here's a flavor combination that makes a perfect flavor pairing: beer and cheese. Take your two favorite things and combine them with potatoes in this bisque for a truly incredible comfort food recipe. You can even get creative by experimenting with different cheeses and your favorite selection of beers. Try an IPA or lager for a more robust bisque or your favorite blonde ale for something light. No matter which combination you choose, you can't go wrong!
Slow cooking this bisque is what truly brings out its unique flavors and with the Crock-Pot® Single Hand Cook & Carry® 6-Quart Oval Slow Cooker you can easily bring this soon-to-be famous dish to any party or gathering with ease. Simply lock, grab and go with just a single hand!
Beer and Cheddar Bisque
Creamy and soft with an aromatic punch from the beer, this bisque serves great with a complementary grilled cheese or toasted sandwich.
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds potatoes
- 1/4 cup flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces beer
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 12 ounces shredded sharp cheddar
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Chives, chopped for garnish if desired
- Wash, scrub and dice potatoes.
- Place in the bottom of your slow cooker and toss with the flour.
- Add chicken broth, beer, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme and celery salt.
- Stir everything until mixture is well combined.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Before turning off slow cooker, add sharp cheddar cheese and heavy cream.
- Let bisque heat through for another 15 to 30 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and top with chives for garnish, if desired.
- Enjoy warm!