Summer-Inspired Pasta Dishes
Delectable and savory, slow-cooked pasta sauces taste heavenly all year round. Yet with a few special twists and fresh ingredients, these mouth-watering favorites instantly become summer-inspired for the entire family to enjoy. And with the Crock-Pot® 6-Quart Digital Slow Cooker with iStir™ Stirring System, you don't even have to do any of the stirring!
Thanks to automatic stirring, you gain the convenience of preparing food with perfect results, even if you aren't in the kitchen. All you have to do is simply prepare ingredients, set cook-time and let the special lid attachment and mixing paddles take care of the rest. After an initial 2-hour delay, the stirring self-activates every 30 minutes to ensure thorough mixing and even heating until turned off.
Italian Sausage Pasta Sauce with Ziti
With just 10 minutes of prep work, this zesty and authentic pasta sauce pours perfectly over a soft bed of angel hair to provide the family with a delicious homemade dinner.
- 1 pound pork sausages, meat removed from the casings and roughly crumbled
- 3 celery sticks, chopped
- 2 large carrots, cubed
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 (14.5 ounces) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Salt, pepper and Italian herbs to taste
- 1 cup peas, thawed from frozen
- 1 box ziti pasta, cooked
- Parmesan cheese for serving
- Add the pork sausage to the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Add all ingredients except for the peas on top and stir well.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours.
- Rely on your iStir™ Stirring System for consistent stirring during cook time.
- Remove the lid and continue cooking for 10-15 minutes or until the sauce has thickened to your liking.
- Stir in the peas and serve hot over ziti.
- Garnish with Parmesan cheese.
Chicken Tetrazzini Pasta
After a long day outside or a busy day running around from one obligation to the next, this hearty chicken and pasta recipe is another easy dish that will please everyone.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 6 large fresh mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) package spaghetti, cooked
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- In the bottom of your slow cooker, add the chicken strips, broth, wine, onion salt, thyme, black pepper and parsley.
- Cover and cook on low for 5 hours, with frequent stirring.
- Then raise setting to High.
- Stir in the mushrooms.
- In a small bowl, mix the cornstarch and water together and stir the mixture into the slow cooker.
- Recover, and cook until sauce is thickened, for about 20 more minutes.
- Mix the cooked spaghetti, half-and-half cream and Parmesan cheese together in the slow cooker.
- Garnish with remaining Parmesan cheese and serve warm.