The Ultimate Recipes for the Big Game
The countdown to the NFL's 50th big game matchup has begun. On Feb. 7, thousands of fans will fill the stands of the Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara, California, and millions of viewers will tune in at home to watch the afternoon kickoff between the top two teams in the NFL.
Whether you're hosting a big game party or tailgating in the trenches with super fans, be sure the food stacks up with championship-worthy snacks and appetizers. Prepare your fare with your team's NFL Crock-Pot® Cook & Carry™ Slow Cooker or try out these top-rated slow-cooker recipes that will impress both fanatical fans and rooting rivals alike.
Feta-Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
This unique spin on the classic meatball is just bursting with flavor. Full of spice and zest, it will unarguably be the ultimate game-winner at this year's big game.
- 1 pound chicken breast, ground
- 1/4 small red onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 egg white
- 1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon powdered ranch dip mix
- 4 ounce block of feta cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup buffalo wing sauce.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the red onion, garlic, egg white, bread crumbs and ranch.
- Add in ground chicken and mix well and divide the mixture, rolling into 16 small balls.
- Press one cube of feta cheese into the center of each ball and close the mixture around the center to seal.
- In your slow cooker, combine the butter and buffalo sauce.
- Place all 16 meatballs in the sauce in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Serve with toothpicks and enjoy!
Bacon Cheeseburger Dip
This recipe packs all of the amazing taste and texture of a bacon cheeseburger into a dip that'll have everyone going back for seconds. And thirds.
- 1 pound lean beef or turkey, ground
- 8 ounce package of cream cheese, cubed
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 can diced tomatoes with green chiles
- 6 ounce package of real bacon bits, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Chips for dipping.
- Brown all ground meat, drain and place in a skillet.
- Keep on low heat and add in cheeses, tomatoes with their juices and all bacon bits except for 2 tablespoons.
- Stir frequently while cooking until the entire mixture is heated and well mixed.
- Transfer the mixture to your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 2 to 3 hours.
- Sprinkle parsley and remaining bacon bits on top for garnish. Serve with chips.
Pulled Pork Sandwiches
This classic tailgate recipe for pulled pork sandwiches is always a crowd pleaser. Depending on the size of the rolls that you use, these can be served as mini sliders for an appetizer or as part of the main meal.
- 1 1/4 pounds pork loin
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons apple juice.
- Mix all of the spices together and rub over pork loin to cover.
- Place the pork loin in your slow cooker and cover with the apple juice.
- Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours.
- Move pork to a cutting board and use two forks to shred the meat.
- Then return the meat to your slow cooker to mix with juices.
- Serve on rolls of your choosing and add desired condiments.