One Pot Curry Recipes for Your Slow Cooker
Creating the perfect bowl of rich and savory curry becomes that much easier when you use your Crock-Pot® 6-Quart Slow Cooker with Stovetop-Safe Cooking Pot. The convenient versatility of the DuraCeramic™ cooking pot allows you to do the browning as well as the slow cooking with just one pot. Simply sauté the necessary ingredients in the stovetop-safe cooking pot right on your stove and when they're ready, transfer the entire pot to your slow cooker to finish cooking. Best of all, you don't risk losing any of the juices or flavor by switching between various pots and pans.
Vegetable and Chickpea Curry
This satisfyingly delicious curry recipe is sure to ignite your taste buds. It serves well over brown rice and is best enjoyed with friends and family.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated and peeled
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, sliced
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas, canned or cooked
- 1 1/2 cups baking potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup green bell pepper, diced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups baby spinach
- 1 can coconut milk.
- In your DuraCeramic cooking pot, bring oil over stove on medium heat and add in the garlic, carrots and onions.
- Sauté for about 5 to 8 minutes, until lightly browned and translucent.
- In a small bowl, combine the curry powder, ginger, salt and ground red pepper.
- Add the seasoning to the pot and stir for 1 minute.
- Transfer the cooking pot to your slow cooker.
- Stir in the chickpeas, chopped potato, red and green bell peppers, diced tomatoes and vegetable broth.
- Cover and cook on high for 6 hours, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add in coconut milk and spinach, stirring until spinach wilts.
- Serve warm and enjoy!
Coconut Curry Chicken
This recipe for coconut curry chicken is easy to follow and finished with a unique touch of raisins and coconut flakes.
- 2 pounds skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 2 potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon raisins, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon coconut flakes, or to taste.
- Place the chicken, potatoes, onion, garlic, coconut milk, chicken broth, curry powder, salt and pepper in your slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 hours.
- Add in red bell pepper and continue to cook for 45 minutes.
- Stir in cornstarch and cook until thickened, for about another 15 minutes.
- Serve in bowls and sprinkle with raisins and coconut flakes for garnish.