Valentine's Day Treat Recipes
There are many ways to get festive in the kitchen this Valentine's Day, with pink frosting, heart-shaped cookie cutters and lots of warm, rich chocolate. After all, a truly meaningful gift is one made at home with love. For some amazing love-filled goodies, try out one of these slow-cooked treat recipes.
Chocolate Cherry Fondue
The combination of cherries and chocolate just sounds right on Valentine's Day. Requiring just a few ingredients, it's simple to make but heavenly to taste.
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons cream or half-and-half
- Cookies, fruit, marshmallows for dipping.
- Place the chocolate chips, cherry pie filling and half-and-half into your slow cooker.
- Heat on high until melted.
- Stir well.
- Using toothpicks or skewers, dip cookies, fruit, marshmallows or any other candy or treat into the fondue and enjoy!
Lemon Cookie Bars
Whip up these sweet lemon bars for your favorite sweetheart.
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 10 ounce jar lemon curd
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar.
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, mix together the butter, sugar, vanilla and salt.
- Add egg and mix well until combined.
- Slowly add in flour and mix until a dough is formed.
- Press the dough evenly into the bottom of your slow cooker.
- Pour lemon curd on top.
- Cover and cook on high for 2 to 4 hours.
- Let cool and dust with powdered sugar.
- Cut into squares or, if you're feeling extra crafty, cut them into hearts.
Molten Chocolate Lava Cake
Nothing says romantic date night more than a meal finished off with a moist, warm, chocolate molten lava cake. Try out this recipe for your own at home using your slow cooker.
- 1 package devil's food cake mix
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2 cups cold milk
- 1 package instant chocolate pudding mix
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips.
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs and canola oil.
- Once blended, transfer to your slow cooker coated with non-stick cooking spray.
- In another bowl, whisk milk and pudding. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set.
- Spoon over the cake batter in your slow cooker and top with chocolate chips.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- Enjoy warm with a loved one.
Best of all, if you want to share these treats with friends, family members or co-workers, just use your Crock-Pot® 5-Quart Smart-Pot® Slow Cooker with Travel Strap to take them with you wherever you go!